Brands - ha!

Just finished a dreary marketing zoom meeting (yes, I know, I was in marketing myself for years!) with some disinterested "facilitator" who had such bright teeth implants I had to wear my sunglasses. It was to "garner opinion" on a potential "new" comparison website (yep, another bloody parasitical venture that also asked about the ridiculous test names [a common word spelt incorrectly of course - how creative] and branding that they had come up with). Further than that I can't reveal, otherwise they will find me and they will kill me.



Mr Implanty kept droning on at every opportunity that it is "all about the brand". No Mr Implanty, it's not all about the brand if the product turns out to be utter and total crap. The brand that is Kanye Hitler is a perfect example. Expedia is another example where they play off Trivago against their own other Expedia brands, namely hotels dot con (sic), ebookers and Expedia itself. And if it's just you and a carry-on bag the size of a car First Aid kit, then it's the RyanAir "brand" without the O'Leary extras, and not the vastly superior Lufthansa brand that you fly with to Germany.

He then went on to describe Tesla being the ideal inspirational electric car brand. That it may be, but I pulled him up by mentioning that while Tesla was the most-owned electric car brand, its models are among the least reliable, with Kia being the most reliable. He had no answer when I asked what the point was in owning the most unreliable "brand", when a perceived less desirable brand is not only more reliable but cheaper as well! I also suggested he Google "Tesla in Canada" to see precisely how his brand nonsense stands up in court.

I naughtily checked Glass Door, and this marketing director facilitator is on £190,00 a year. Not bad for a professional total bullsh*tter.

Comments