A new twist on an old Nigerian 419 scam - and my reply

A message from customer Service sbc.settlement@gmail.com.

Standard Chartered Bank
Third Floor. PO Box 788,
Accra High Street
Building Accra
Tel/Fax:233 540969397

Dear value Customer,

I am Mrs. Felicia Peace (Head of Customer Service) Standard Chartered Bank. We received instruction from our financial authorities and IMF office to remit the compensation sum of $2.9m to you. While we are processing your payment file, it was discovered that your fund beneficiary name has been changed and replaced. The bank's remittance director has ordered that we stop the payment until we get a mandate from you authenticating this change. If you are aware of this development, please kindly give the name but if not please furnish us with the following information to enable verify and update our data here before subsequent processing and transfer of your fund.

1 Your full name:
2 Your present contact address:
3 Your telephone & Fax numbers:
4 Your Occupations/a
5 Your Private Email Address:

I once again appeal to you to remain calm while i do my best to make sure that your fund is transfer to you without further delay.

I am waiting for your urgent reply

Mrs. Felicia Peace
From Customers Service.
----------------------------------------------------
MY REPLY
 
Dear Mrs Peace

Many thanks indeed. All fine by me, just go ahead. If you have difficulty, just send me the telephone number and email address of the remittance director and I'll speak to him directly, as I have an account at the branch. I must be honest and say I didn't know you had a remittance director, and I know most of the staff.

Kind regards
Edward Moss

PS - You have all the following details on record already - just go into your customer records. All the information you need is there, including my bank account number, and you can just transfer the funds at the click of a button. Any problems, just ask your branch manager.

1 Your full name:
2 Your present contact address:
3 Your telephone & Fax numbers:
4 Your Occupations/a
5 Your Private Email Address:

Comments