Sadly, not imited edition branding nonsense - it just keeps coming

Do brands really think slamming "limited edition" on their products adds some form of extra desire (which it does for extremely dim people).Expecially when it is at th lowen end of the market in terms of pricing, apperaign on the shelves of discount shops.



The current fad for "limited edition" is a form of product testing that actually rebounds on the brand. This is because it may artificially encourage purchase by the "wannahaves" (the ones who pray in front of "soshul influenzas" on ThickTack) and thus skew the results.
The one I really object to is products that have quite happily been "amateur" for years and years (mobile phones, earbuds, toothpaste, toilet brushes) all suddenly becoming "Pro".
As a grumpy old git, I wrote to Apple asking if their iPhones from the 1st iteration in 2007 to the adoption of the "pro" nonsense in 2019, intimated that those iPhones introduced during those intervening 12 years were in fact amateur rubbish, and therefore woefully overpriced.
Apple thanked me for "reaching out" (that made my blood boil in itself), and the customer service person (named 'Kortney', which raised my blood pressure even higher) said she would pass it on to their customer relations.
I have no idea which relatives of which customers it has been sent to, but I expect to have shuffled off this mortal coil by the time I receive an answer.

Comments